About Royal Perth Hospital

cropped-helicopter-1260

 Established in 1829 Royal Perth Hospital (RPH) is Western Australia’s longest-servicing hospital.

 

The Department of Anaesthesia and Pain Medicine at Royal Perth Hospital has positions available starting February 2018 for Senior Registrars or Fellows working on our Senior Registrar roster to provide anaesthesia and pain management services to our patients.

 

RPH is part of the East Metropolitan Health Service, one of the fastest growing health services in Western Australia.

RPH is a 450 bed tertiary hospital situated in the Perth city area, providing for a wide range of complex health services, including a variety of elective surgical services as well as emergency and trauma surgery.  Royal Perth Hospital has one of the busiest Emergency Departments in Australia and functions as the designated State Trauma Centre for WA.


The 14 operating theatres in Wellington Street campus cater for more than 12,000 cases per annum.

Western Australia is a unique state with unique health issues. Royal Perth Hospital is a receiving hospital for Western Australia which covers an area of 2,526,000 square kilometers, which is 33% or the total land area of Australia. The Perth metropolitan area is populated with around 2 million people which makes up 72% of the state’s population, the remaining 28% located mostly in the southwest and in a few centres in the east and north.

Living in the beautiful city of Perth offers a great lifestyle with easy commutes to the hospital workplace by road, bike or public transport (McIver train station was purpose built to provide access to the hospital)


The Department of Anaesthesia and Pain Medicine within RPH is accredited for specialist training by both the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (ANZCA) and the Faculty of Pain Medicine (FFPMANZCA).

Apart from being a friendly department comprised of staff from around the world we also host University of Western Australia medical student training as well as having a significant departmental staffing allocation for medical research in the field of Anaesthesia.

Successful applicants for these positions will contribute to optimal anaesthesia and pain management care of patients in East Metropolitan Health Service, Department of Health, Western Australia, as well as fostering SIMG’s (Specialist International Medical Graduates) roles as professional, scholar, health advocate, manager, collaborator and communicator to further their development as medical experts.